If you’re like me and can’t be bothered to do your hair (or lack thereof) as much as you want to, then you might enjoy this post. I decided to do a protein treatment and deep condition, as my hair has been really dry lately. Here’s how I treated and styled my TWA (teeny weeny afro) on my day off:
1. I shampooed with Aveda’s Dry Remedy Line. I usually shampoo my hair in the shower once a month. Shampoo dries out your hair so I only use it when I need to. I usually co-wash (clean my hair with conditioner) with Giovanni Wellness System Conditioner every other day while in the shower. What I noticed is that, since my big chop, I have been delicately shampooing my hair, using my fingertips. As opposed to my relaxer days, when I literally scrubbed my scalp with my fingernails until it bled. SMH.
2. I used APHogee’s 2nd Step protein treatment all over my hair, ensuring both my scalp and hair was saturated. I used a wide tooth comb and gently combed it through my hair. Warning: this products has a stinky odor!
3. Uncovered, I sat under a hot dryer for about 7 minutes, or until my hair was extremely hard. (This is normal with the protein treatment. Don’t be alarmed and don’t touch your hair)… I took this time to reply to work emails.
4. I thoroughly rinsed out the treatment.
5. I used my Pantene Natural Deep Conditioner and combed it through my hair. Then covered my hair with a plastic cap.
6. I went under the dryer AGAIN for 15min. This time, I did some research on my personal laptop.
7. I thoroughly rinsed my hair and applied the following products in order:
•Olive Oil Leave in Conditioner
•Olive Oil Moisturizer
•Jamaican Black Castor Oil
8. Tada! Finished!
If you want more of my daily routines, please comment below!
Be blessed and highly favored.